No more razor nicks, ingrown hairs or shaving rashes. Just silky-smooth confidence, forever – thanks to Laser Hair Removal.
At Clear Skincare, we believe that when you achieve your best skin, you’re free to be the best you. That’s why we’ve been pioneers in Laser Hair Removal for more than 20 years. You’ll love our affordable prices and our large range of treatments for women and men, including Brazilians, full legs and facial hair removal.
Our treatments are doctor-developed and results driven. We use world-leading Candela™ lasers, which are renowned for removing body hair on all skin types and tones at affordable prices.
And, with our Anywhere Promise™, you can use your Laser Hair Removal package with our highly trained, certified and caring therapists at any of our clinics nationwide.
Permanent hair reduction
Reduce ingrown hairs
Hair becomes finer with every treatment
Convenients + cost effective
Why Clear Skincare?
Leading medical grade Candela Lasers for all skin types
Caring, highly trained + certified therapists
Find a better price elsewhere & we’ll match it
Redeem your packs at any Clear Skincare across Australia
Who is it suitable for?
Laser Hair Removal is suitable for all skin types, from fair to dark skin (Types 1 – 6 on the Fitzpatrick Scale). Laser Hair Removal works on medium to dark pigmented hair, and most people see a permanent hair reduction after 8 – 12 Laser Hair Removal treatments. Laser Hair Removal isn’t effective on red, grey or blonde hair.
What can I expect after?
Thankfully, Laser generally causes only minimal side effects, the most common being skin irritation. Immediately after the treatment some people’s skin may appear slightly red and bumpy for 1 – 3 days.
How much does it cost?
Great news: Laser Hair Removal starts from just $12 for an Underarms treatment. See our competitive pricing below.
See our pricelist
How long between treatments?
We recommend a programme of Laser treatments spaced 4 – 6 weeks apart to coincide with the hair regrowth cycle.
Does it hurt?
While Laser Hair Removal is considered less painful than other techniques such as waxing, you can expect some minor discomfort. Many clients say the treatment feels like slightly prickly sunburn. Some treatment areas, such as the bikini line, Brazilian or upper lip, may be more sensitive than other areas, such as legs or underarms.
How many treatments is best?
Most people need between 8 – 12 treatments to achieve a permanent reduction in unwanted hair growth. Ongoing maintanence may be required.
The sciency bit
How does it works?
To ensure unbeatable results, we use industry-leading, medical-grade Candela™ Alexandrite and Nd:YAG lasers for all skin types and tones at all Clear Skincare clinics. Here’s the process:
- High-energy laser light is focused through the skin to the base of the hair follicle.
- The laser energy is absorbed by the pigment in the hair follicle.
- This process progressively damages the hair follicle over a series of treatments. By the end of the treatment programme the hair can no longer grow, or growth is slowed right down.
- Most people see a permanent hair reduction after 8 – 12 treatments.
To maximise the effectiveness of each treatment and to minimise discomfort, observe these guidelines:
- Avoid sunbathing, tanning, solariums and fake tan for two weeks before your treatment.
- Do not wax, tweeze or pluck in the 4 weeks leading up to your treatment so the laser is able to effectively target the pigmentation in the follicle.
- Shave the area to be treated the night before your treatment.
Laser Hair Removal is an ongoing process and it’s important to take care of your skin between treatments. After each visit to the clinic, keep the following in mind:
- Things to avoid: Avoid the gym, spa and sauna for 24 hours. Do not pluck or wax: the treated hair will naturally fall out during exfoliation. Avoid sun exposure for 14 days.
- Post-treatment care: On the treated area apply Post Laser Gel liberally in the morning and the evening for 5 days. If you have darker skin (Fitzpatrick Types 3+) apply PIH Post Inflammatory Healing Cream for 5 days. Regardless of your skin type, always use sunscreen if in direct sunlight.
- From Day 7: 1 week after your treatment, begin gently scrubbing the skin in circular motions with an anti-bacterial exfoliating mitt once a day for the next 7 days. This will help to shed the loosened hair.
- Weekly: Apply a small amount of Microdermabrasion Cream with Glycolic Acid to the skin and rub, then wash off.
Ready to live your best smooth?
We can’t wait to see you.
Come and visit us today.
Tips we love to share
Want to dig a little deeper?
Laser hair removal: why winter is a good time to begin
Experienced advice: the best treatments and skincare through the ages
Did you know that your skin’s got a number? Here’s why knowing it can come in handy.
How does Laser Hair Removal work?
Laser Hair Removal works by using light beams on a specific wavelength to inhibit hair growth. A special medical-grade laser directs the beam of light – an intense source of energy – into the skin, reducing unwanted hair by damaging the follicles in treatment areas.
The damage occurs when the pigment in the hair follicle absorbs the laser energy and converts it to heat. This heat affects the structure of the follicle and prevents new hair growth. With regrowth prevented, up to 80% permanent hair removal is achieved after a series of approximately 6 -12 treatments.
Laser Hair Removal is different to Intense Pulsed Light or IPL. Laser Hair Removal uses a stronger and more focused beam of light that is ideal for hair removal. IPL uses a broader spectrum of light which is gentler but weaker, making it more appropriate for treating skin conditions such as rosacea and less effective for hair removal.
Is Laser Hair Removal permanent?
At Clear Skincare clinics we choose to use Candela™ laser technology, the world’s leading Laser Hair Removal technology for safe, effective and permanent hair reduction.
Candela™ laser technology is considered the most efficient option on the market. It uses higher brightness and more energy per light pulse than other laser machines, making it a highly effective Laser Hair Removal treatment for clients with dark skin and a superior option for those with light skin and less pigment in the hair follicles.
What are the possible side effects of Laser Hair Removal?
Although no procedure is entirely without risk, the potential side effects of correctly administered Laser Hair Removal treatments are minimal. Occasional side effects include minor redness and skin irritation or infection. For your peace of mind, Clear Skincare’s certified therapists can do a small patch test with one of our Candela™ medical grade lasers to ensure your skin will tolerate Laser Hair Removal.
Laser safety is paramount at Clear Skincare clinics. We pride ourselves on our safety record and maintain the highest standards at our clinics across the country. We choose Candela™ Alexandrite and Nd:YAG laser technology because it has been shown to provide optimum laser safety for our clients, so you know you’re in safe hands with our Laser Hair Removal treatments.
Why use Laser Hair Removal?
Laser Hair Removal has a number of significant advantages over waxing, plucking, bleaching and shaving: It provides the confidence and comfort of smooth, hair-free skin 365 days per year. There’s no need to spend any more time or money on messy home waxing kits or depilatory creams. You can say goodbye to ingrown hairs and rashes that develop as a result of shaving. And never pay for painful salon full body waxing again.
Who is Laser Hair Removal best for?
Laser Hair Removal is the perfect way to remove unwanted hair for:
1. Busy people who don’t have time for monthly salon waxing appointments or frequent at-home hair removal procedures.
2. Anyone who appreciates the peace of mind that comes with silky smooth, hair-free skin every day.
3. People with sensitive skin who react to waxes, shaving, plucking or hair removal creams. We will conduct a simple patch test beforehand to ensure your skin can tolerate Laser Hair Removal.
4. People who are prone to unsightly ingrown hairs after waxing, shaving or epilating.
5. Anyone who would rather not cover up during the hair growth phase required for waxing and depilatory creams, such as swimmers or athletes.
6. People with dark skin types and body hair where early regrowth of new hair is very obvious.
What do I need to do to prepare for my appointment?
At Clear Skincare clinics we offer an initial free consultation with a Laser Hair Removal therapist. At this appointment we will provide you with detailed information about laser safety and possible side effects. We will also explain how best to prepare for your first treatment, including:
• Avoiding tanning – even fake tan – and sun exposure for a couple of weeks prior to treatment and post-treatment.
• Ceasing waxing, plucking and epilating in the 4 weeks before and between your Laser Hair Removal treatments. We suggest you shave the hair the day before your laser appointment.
• Not using lotions, creams, moisturisers, sunscreen or powders on the skin in the treatment area on the day of your Laser Hair Removal session.
• Not using skin products containing the active ingredients Vitamin A / Retinol or Hydroquinone for 1 week before your laser appointment.
How long should you go between appointments?
We recommend a gap of 4 to 6 weeks between each Laser Hair Removal appointment to allow for hair to grow back in line with the body’s natural hair growth cycle. The laser requires hair to be present in order to target the pigment and progressively destroy it.
Does your skin tone affect the treatment?
Yes, it does. It’s important the right type of body laser is used based on your skin tone. For darker Skin Types 4 – 6 (on the Fitzpatrick Scale) a Nd:YAG laser should be used, while fairer Skin Types 1 – 3 an Alexandrite laser can also be used. At Clear Skincare we use leading medical-grade laser technology, which is proven to effectively destroy the hair follicles in nearly all skin tones, including fair, olive and darker skin tones. That being said, Laser Hair Removal isn’t effective on red, grey or blonde hair as the laser is unable to target the pigment.
What Laser Hair Removal machines do you use?
At Clear Skincare clinics we use the world’s leading Laser Hair Removal technology, Candela™ Alexandrite and Nd:YAG lasers. Candela’s™ equipment is known to be highly effective on nearly all skin tones and hair colours, from fair hair to dark hair.
Is Laser Hair Removal safe?
Yes, Laser Hair Removal is a well-established and very safe procedure. And Clear Skincare is one of Australia’s most experienced Laser Hair Removal providers: we have been safely delivering Laser Hair Removal treatments across our 70+ laser clinics for over 20 years. Chat to our expert staff to learn more about the safety measures that we have in place at each of our clinics.
Can you get Laser Hair Removal over a tattoo?
The short answer is no. Even if you are planning to have that tattoo removed anyway, it is considered unsafe to perform Laser Hair Removal over the area in question. That’s because Laser Hair Removal machines aren’t designed to be used on tattooed skin. In addition to potentially distorting your tattoo, performing Laser Hair Removal on a tattooed area can lead to burns, blisters or skin damage.