Acne Scarring 2
More information about Acne Scar treatment ...
Acne, the most common skin condition, affecting up to 80% of people in their teens and mid 20s. While most acne heals without permanent effects, some does not, leaving various grades of acne scarring ranging from mild to severe.
Acne scars can generally be classified into 3 types, they are -
- Icepick Scars - narrow sharp pits or cracks in the skin, usually narrower than 2mm and can extend into the dermis and deeper into the subcutaneous layer. Traditionally very hard to treat, usually combination in-clinic treatments are required to obtain satifactory results.
- Boxcar Scars - are indented, round or oval scars with steeply angled sides. They can be shallow ranging to deep scars. Shallow boxcar scarring can be treated with homecare skin needling, deeper scarring may require in-clinic treatments.
- Superficial Soft Scars - indented, round or oval scars with more gradual angled sides than boxcar or icepick scars. They can range in depth from shallow to deep. Shallow to medium depth soft acne scarring can be treated with homecare skin needling, deeper scarring may require in-clinic treatments.
Skin needling, is an exciting new treatment for acne and all types of indented scarring, that gives similar results to in-clinic treatments such as laser and radio frequency (RF) skin resurfacing, chemical skin peels and microdermabrasion but is far less invasive which translates to a far lower risk of complications (such as infection and/or pigmentation) and significantly reduced down time and is a fraction of the cost of inclinic treatments.
Skin needling has been shown to -
- improve the appearance of acne, surgical and all indented scars including stretch marks
- smooth lines and wrinkles
- improve skin texture
- relax scars
In 2005, to meet the needs of patients, Clearskincare introduced homecare skin rollers. The Clearskincare Roller range represents 2 years of research, design, development and patient trials to bring an effective and affordable skin roller to the public and clinicians.
Clearskincare Rollers are designed to perform skin needling, where needles pierce the skin to create micro channels, stimulating the upper dermis and the body's wound healing response, naturally infilling acne and all indented scars, lines and wrinkles. These micro channels also increase the absorption and therefore the effectiveness of serums and creams used to assist the skin needling process. Creams and serums are applied after rolling.The Clearskincare Acne Scar Solution delivers the critical ingredients that will assist in naturally infilling mild to moderate boxcar and soft acne scars in the privacy and comfort of your home.
There is no down time from using the Clearskincare Skin & Scalp Roller and the roller can be used daily, there is no bleeding (minor spotting may occur), reddening of the skin, scabbing or pain. A mild prickling sensation is experienced whilst rolling that may persist for approximately 5-15 minutes after rolling, the persistence of this prickling sensation diminishes once the rolling routine has been established.
As each individual patient has different levels and grades of scarring the amount of time that you continue needling varies from patient to patient. The length of time that you continue needling is controlled by the size and depth of scars, area of scars and your individual healing time response. Your skin is naturally renewed every 40 days. Results will be noticeable from the Clearskincare Skin & Scalp Roller after 2 cycles (80 days). Significant results will be evident after 4-6 cycles (5-8 months).
Every client who has undertaken skin needling has improved the appearance of their scars.
You should continue rolling until you are happy with the results and feel your scarring has infilled and skin tone has evened sufficiently. Alternatively you can continue rolling indefinitely as another of the benefits of skin needling is the infilling of lines and wrinkles and the ongoing improvement and maintenance of your skin texture and complexion for up to 12 months after stopping rolling.
The Clearskincare Skin & Scalp Roller is constructed using 192 the finest quality surgical stainless steel needles (length 0.75mm, gauge 0.25mm) mounted in the highest quality plastic roller and handle. Used daily and cared for as directed your Clearskincare Skin & Scalp Roller will last for 12 months.
Clearskincare Skin & Scalp Roller was designed and is suitable for treating acne scars and all indented scars, lines, wrinkles, stretch marks and hair loss stimulating the natural regrowth of your own hair.
The Clearskincare CP Serum uses GHK-Cu peptides, complexes of copper ions and small pieces of proteins called peptides. Copper peptides are a normal constituent of human plasma, saliva and urine.
The GHK-Cu peptides are a very stable, breakdown resistant copper peptide with a high adherence to skin and tissue and are the most effective form of copper peptides available.
Clearskincare CP Serum -
- Assists skin renewal - reduces the appearance of scars, wrinkles and fine lines
- Reduces the appearance of skin ageing - firms the skin, reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles, reduces blotchiness and blemishes, improves elasticity, skin plumpness and texture
Numerous safety tests of copper peptides have failed to find any toxicity problems. No rise in blood copper has ever been found in humans treated with copper peptides.
The Clearskincare Salicylic 8% MiniPeel is a brilliant weekly exfoliation to reduces the appearance of post breakout marks, and enlarged pores.